Here are 5 ways to help you be successful in your fundraising:
- Just ask! CAN YOU HELP ME are four powerful words. You will be surprised at how many people want to support your fundraising goals for the National Ability Center’s mission. But make sure you can explain what are you doing and how their support will help you accomplish your goal.
- Get out there. When looking for fundraising support for your ride ask everyone – family, friends, co-workers, , your dry cleaner. You never know who wants to help and connect with their community.
- Be persistent. After asking someone for help, follow up with a reminder and let them know that their support means a lot to you.
- Be enthusiastic and have fun! You don’t need to do this alone. Form a team and set a fundraising goal together. Hold a party for your friends and family to tell them about why you are raising money. The more exciting and memorable this experience is for you, the more people will acknowledge your dedication and want to support you.
- Show your gratitude. Regardless if you get donations or not, let folks know you appreciate their support.